Friday, July 19, 2013

My First Post Ever!!

Hello Teachers,

I hope you are enjoying your summer! It's getting to be that time where school is just around the corner :-)
I wanted to share with you the purpose of why I created this blog:

First: My best friend +Patricia Freitag Fonseca encouraged me to create one.
Second: I wanted anyone who is looking to inspire the lives of others with learning the opportunity to share great ideas for the classroom and our teaching experiences so that we may encourage ourselves to think both "inside and outside of the box".

Here are a few items that I am going to add to my teacher's desk this year!


I will have my little tub for post-its/notes, and my canister will be used for markers/pens(Still deciding if I want to put on desk or under my easel. What do you think??).

Quote of the Week: Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
-Dr.Seuss-
Please feel free to comment or share anything that would be most beneficial to us teachers! :)

Till Next Time...

E.M.Y.



2 comments:

  1. Great post. You are an inspiration!!! How did you make the tubs? I think the sticky notes bin should be put in a turn in area, if it is for students quick thoughts or questions. Good job E.M.Y.

    -PFons-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my cute little tub at the Dollar Tree, tied my favorite ribbon to the handles,I used Mint Green/White acrylic paint to trace the flowers(It's an all green tub and needed some color),I used a colored yellow label written with my name, and I squiggly bordered it with sheer pink scribble paint which you can find at Wal-Mart.

    Decorated Canister- Materials you will need:
    Some type of sturdy container(cans and metal containers work the best)
    Favorite Fabric(probably 1/2 a yard would be good)
    Hot Glue Gun
    2 of your Favorite ribbons
    Directions: Wrap fabric around canister(continue to hot glue down to can every so often); Cut any excess fabric off the end of canister as if you were wrapping a present; Wrap bottom of canister like you do the ends of present (let hot glue for fabric be like tape for presents so that your fabric does not come off); And finally hot glue your 2 ribbons together and tie around canister! :)

    ReplyDelete